It is currently Sun Oct 02, 2022 11:06 am

wanna jam?

Want to schedule a jam? Post it here and invite others to come!

wanna jam?

Postby christler1992 » Mon Oct 24, 2011 5:47 pm

hey everyone, im christler, i've been at the gym for nearly 4 months and i wanted to know if anyone wanted to take me out for a jam session, i havn't exactly used parkour except for in the gym and a few places at mcc but i want to get a feel for the more urban areas
christler1992

Re: wanna jam?

Postby MikeAman » Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:57 pm

Well, there's a jam on Saturdays at Manhattan Square Park at 2:30pm (I'm sure you already know about that), but I also run jams at the U of R campus every Friday from 5-7pm. We meet up at the Wilson Commons in the center of campus and visit different locations.
MikeAman

Postby Steven the Red » Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:47 am

CHRISTLER! you should DEFINITELY make it to one of the Saturday jams!! Everyone is very supportive of helping new people hone there skills and I think it would be a great place for you to train. I learned a majority of my skills at Manhattan Square Park back before the gym was around. the gym is fantastic for training and improvement, but MSQ is still our first home. If the weather is good this sat you should be there. 2:30.
Steven the Red

Postby christler1992 » Tue Oct 25, 2011 4:43 pm

STEVE!! i miss ya man, im actually going to the one this saturday and also going to the ninja warrior 3 after, but im also going to the gym friday to practice you should stop by so i can see you dude

oh and mike that sounds like a good idea, if i see you at the jam on sat at manhatten or at the ninja warrior 3 we'll plan ahead
christler1992

Postby MikeAman » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:02 am

Copied from FB:
"Hey guys, if any of you were planning on coming I'm afraid tomorrow's friday UR jam is canceled. Instead we're biking into the city to explore some of the usual locations as a lot of UR people can't make it to the saturday jams. I'd invite everyone else but it would be rather difficult to find us seeing as I don't have a cell phone; but we will definitely be showing up at Manhattan Square Park at some point between 5:30p-6:30p. Bring a bike if you'd like to join us.

p.s. if you do want to try and meet us at the U of R for the start of the trip, we'll be meeting at the Wilson Commons Front Poorch from 5:00p-5:15p."
MikeAman

Return to Post a Jam